Enterprise Edition Features
VisualSVN Server Enterprise Edition provides a number of unique enterprise-grade features:
- Active Directory Single Sign-On. Allows users to access VisualSVN Server using their current Active Directory domain credentials. Secure Kerberos V5 or NTLM authentication protocols are used. Two-factor authentication and smart cards are supported.
- Multisite Repository Replication. Provides high-performance replication between geographically distributed sites using VisualSVN Distributed File System (VDFS) technology. Distributed VDFS-based repositories are writable and functionally equivalent to regular Subversion FSFS repositories.
- HTML5-powered Web Interface. A rich web interface for Subversion repositories with modern look and feel. The Repository Web Interface is seamlessly integrated with all authentication and authorization features of VisualSVN Server. Ensures easy integration with issue trackers and other third-party applications.
- Repository Management Delegation. Allows non-administrative users to manage repositories remotely using standalone application called VisualSVN Repository Configurator. All permission modifications performed by repository supervisors are logged for audit purposes.
- Remote Server Administration. Allows to administer remote instances of VisualSVN Server. Because VisualSVN Server Manager is a standard MMC snap-in, you can create a single console to manage several VisualSVN Server instances across your network.
- Access and Operational Logging. Allows you to monitor all HTTP requests and all logical Subversion operations processed by VisualSVN Server, including read-only operations such as Checkout and Update. Log entries are recorded to the Windows Event Log.
Standard Edition Features
VisualSVN Server Standard Edition comes with plenty of features that are intended to help you to install, configure and manage a fully-functional Subversion server on the Windows platform.
VisualSVN Server is widely recognized as the easiest way to setup a Subversion Server on the Windows platform. It is distributed as a single installation package with the latest versions of all the required components. The installation process is extremely simple and allows you to setup a full-featured and ready to use Subversion server in just a few clicks.
A ready to use Subversion server can be quickly installed in a Next-Next-Finish manner.
A newer version can be smoothly installed over the existing one.
All the required parameters can be supplied to the installer as command line arguments.
Digitally signed installer
To prevent corrupted installs, the package is digitally signed by VisualSVN Ltd.
VisualSVN Server provides a powerful management console named VisualSVN Server Manager. It is implemented as a standard MMC snap-in and allows you to manage your Subversion server without dealing with configuration files and command line tools.
Watch the overall server status and access the most frequently used commands.
Create, import and remove repositories with the ability to configure their internal layout.
Manage SSL certificates
Configure SSL certificates required to establish secure HTTPS connections.
Configure access permissions
Effectively define and manage user access rights to files and folders stored in your repositories.
Configure Subversion hooks
Create and manage Subversion hooks using a handy graphical UI.
VisualSVN Server is based on open standards and does not try to introduce a proprietary version control system. Subversion repositories are stored in the standard format and server is accessible by standard Subversion clients such as svn.exe or TortoiseSVN.
Server is accessible by any standard Subversion client either from Windows or Unix client machine.
Subversion command-line binaries are included in the package.
Repositories are stored in the standard format and can be accessed by standard Subversion tools.
Patches and updates for all the underlying components are released on a regular basis.