- Updated to Apache HTTP Server 2.4.55 with fixes for the following vulnerabilities: CVE-2006-20001, CVE-2022-36760, CVE-2022-37436.
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.1.1t with cumulative fixes for the following vulnerabilities: CVE-2023-0286, CVE-2022-4304, CVE-2023-0215, CVE-2022-4450.
- Updated Expat XML parser to version 2.5.0 with cumulative fixes for the following vulnerabilities: CVE-2022-43680, CVE-2022-40674.
VisualSVN Server 5.0
VisualSVN Server 5.0.x version family has reached End of Support. We no longer provide maintenance and technical support for any VisualSVN Server 5.0.x builds. Read the End of Support announcement for further information.
Please, upgrade to the current version that is available on the main download page.
- Updated to Apache HTTP Server 2.4.54 with fixes for the following vulnerabilities: CVE-2022-26377, CVE-2022-28330, CVE-2022-28614, CVE-2022-28615, CVE-2022-29404, CVE-2022-30522, CVE-2022-30556, CVE-2022-31813.
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.1.1q with cumulative fixes for the following vulnerabilities: CVE-2022-2068, CVE-2022-2097.
- Fixed: unattended installation may hang upon encountering an error.
- Fixed: potential crash when stopping the HTTP service.
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.1.1o with a fix for the following vulnerability: CVE-2022-1292.
- Fixed: HTTP service fails to start when environment variables contain non-ASCII characters.
- Grant explicit read access to the installation directory for Search Index, VDFS and Background Job services.
- Fixed: memory leak in the VisualSVN Server Manager console.
Set-SvnAccessConfigurationPowerShell cmdlets do not support the
Set-SvnAccessConfigurationPowerShell cmdlet does not support the
Set-SvnAccessConfigurationPowerShell cmdlets may return incorrect results when pipelined.
- Updated to Apache Subversion 1.14.2 with fixes for the following vulnerabilities: CVE-2021-28544, CVE-2022-24070.
- Updated to zlib 1.2.12 with a fix for the following vulnerability: CVE-2018-25032.
- Fixed: possible timeout error while starting the VisualSVN Search Index service during installation.
- Fixed: possible timeout error while starting the VisualSVN Search Index service after a server configuration change.
- Fixed: long delay when a service fails to start during installation.
- Improve diagnostic message when a service fails to start during installation.
- New feature: Full-text search for repository content and history.
- New feature: Email notifications for background jobs.
- New option to add implicit list folder permission for parents of readable paths.
- Configurable strong password policy for Subversion authentication.
- Allow incremental backup jobs to be scheduled multiple times a day.
Web interface enhancements
- New unified search box that supports content/history/name searching.
- New 'Jump to revision' command, available as quick action in the new search box.
svn:externalsentries in the Folder view.
- Highlight links and revision numbers in the log messages.
- Display warnings for files that may be interpreted differently than represented due to bidirectional Unicode text as mitigation for CVE-2021-42574.
- Viewing the commit details now uses a stable URL that does not require read access to the repository root.
- Add 'Copy' button for the revision in the Commit view.
- Use natural sorting for the repository list.
- Enable syntax highlighting for
- Enable syntax highlighting for
- Remove jQuery as a dependency.
- Remove Handlebars.js as a dependency.
- Fixed: performance issue with search requests that happen over a high throughput network.
- Fixed: 'Back' button in the Commit view always opens the History view.
- Fixed: incorrect syntax highlighting of some keywords.
- Various small tweaks and enhancements.
Set-SvnAccessConfigurationcmdlets to manage per-repository authorization settings.
Measure-SvnRepositorynow accepts a new
-Statsoption to specify the subset of measured values.
- Remove the deprecated
- Remove the deprecated
Sharedauthorization profile names.
- Default to the increased 120x50 window size in the VisualSVN Server PowerShell console.
- Default to the black background color in the VisualSVN Server PowerShell console.
Repository hooks enhancements (VisualSVNServerHooks)
check-pathnamespre-commit hook to check file and folder names for validity.
commit-notificationhook now supports SMTP profiles with the
commit-notificationhook now supports STARTTLS with the
commit-notificationhook now supports specifying the CC address with the
commit-notificationhook now supports specifying the Reply-To address with the
- Validation errors no longer output the "VisualSVNServerHooks: Exxxxxx" prefix.
- Sort paths when emitting
svn:mergeinfodifference in commit notifications.
- Fixed: using
--fromoption sends an invalid MAIL FROM value to the SMTP server.
VisualSVN Server Manager enhancements
- New 'Rename' command for files and folders.
- 'Run' command for a background job now uses a modal dialog for better user experience.
- Display user friendly error message for attempts to import backup file as a repository dump.
- New 'Update license' dropdown menu on the Licensing tab in the server properties.
- New 'Open in Web Interface' command that replaces 'Browse' in the context menu.
- Improve the high-DPI display support.
- Fixed: VisualSVN Server Manager console becomes unusable after failing to access the repositories root.
- Fixed: VisualSVN Server Manager console may crash after a change of the active authorization profile for the repository.
- Fixed: VisualSVN Server Manager console makes unnecessary queries to the VisualSVN Server Background Job Service (vsvnjobsvc) that keep the service running.
- Fixed: in-place conversion to the VDFS format does not check that all relevant VisualSVN Server services are stopped.
- Various UI refinements.
- Drop support for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8. The minimum supported operating systems are now Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
- Drop support for Internet Explorer 11.
- Drop support for SSL 3.0.
- Drop backward compatibility with VisualSVN Server 4.1.x and older versions for Remote Server Administration.
- Allow using Access and Operational logging under the Essential license.
- New 'Cleanup Transactions' background job.
- Backup jobs now have an option to organize backup files into subfolders by repository name.
- Adjust the TLS/SSL compatibility levels due to the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 deprecation
- Send the
Referrer-Policy: no-referrerHTTP header with all server responses.
- Sign the installation package and its content with SHA256 instead of SHA1.
- Several enhancements related to the high-DPI display support in the installer.
- New "VisualSVN Repository Management Delegation" rule for Windows Firewall.
- New "VisualSVN Remote Server Administration" rule for Windows Firewall.
- Log Windows version during VisualSVN Distributed File System Service (vdfssvc) startup.
- Use CR/LF line endings for the certificate signing requests (CSR).
- Use CR/LF line endings when writing the X.509 PEM files to disk.
- Do not log warnings when encountering an aborted connection in the HTTP service.
- Switch to a new memory allocation scheme that directly uses the Windows memory heap.
- Use isolated per-thread memory heaps in the HTTP service to avoid CPU contention and performance stalls in certain cases with multiple concurrent requests.
- Fixed: ongoing repository verification causes the "database is locked" post-commit errors.
- Fixed: searching for a file or folder does not generate an entry in the Operational log.
- Fixed: uninstalling VisualSVN Server does not remove Windows Firewall rules in some cases.
- Fixed: an unlikely "Access is denied" error when writing the 'BackupCollection.xml' file.
- Fixed: VisualSVN Distributed File System Service (vdfssvc) logs a spurious warning for certain values of the
- Fixed: unexpected error entries in the VisualSVN Server event log caused by aborted PUT requests.
- Fixed: potential issue with transaction processing caused by aborted PUT requests.
- Updated to LZ4 1.9.3.
- Updated to SQLite 3.30.1.
- Updated to zlib 1.2.11.
- Updated to utf8proc 2.7.0.
- Updated to highlight.js 11.4.0.
- Updated to JSZip 3.5.0.