We are glad to announce the update to Apache HTTP Server 2.4.53 and OpenSSL 1.1.1n for relevant VisualSVN products. Besides this, relevant VisualSVN products are now updated to Expat XML parser 2.4.6.
This update fixes a number of security vulnerabilities, some of which may affect both VisualSVN and VisualSVN Server in certain configurations. Therefore, updating to the new builds is recommended for all users.
Update for VisualSVN Server
Choose an appropriate patch build if you do not want to perform a significant upgrade right now:
- VisualSVN Server 4.2.9 if you have version 4.2.x installed.
Other version families of VisualSVN Server are not supported, and maintenance updates are not available for them. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to VisualSVN Server 4.3.7 if you are using any version family older than 4.2.x. Please read the KB167: Upgrading to VisualSVN Server 4.3 article before upgrading.
Update for VisualSVN (a plug-in for Visual Studio)
Select an appropriate VisualSVN plug-in version with respect to your Visual Studio version:
- If you use Visual Studio 2022, update to VisualSVN 8.0.2.
- If you use Visual Studio 2019, update to VisualSVN 7.3.5.
- If you use Visual Studio 2017, update to VisualSVN 6.7.4.
- If you use Visual Studio 2015 or older, update to VisualSVN 5.6.4. Note that VisualSVN 5.6.4 is still using Expat XML parser 2.2.10. Update to Expat XML parser 2.4.x is expected in future releases.
Get the latest version of VisualSVN from the official download page.