When trying to create a slave repository, you may receive the following error message:
Another symptom of the problem is a delay before the above error message is displayed.
This error indicates that the VDFS service on the slave server is unable to reach the VDFS service on the master server. This can be caused by the following conditions:
- An incorrect master server name is specified.
- VDFS service on the remote server is not started.
- Requests to the remote VDFS service are blocked by the firewall on the remote master server.
- Verify that the master server name is specified correctly and that the master server is accessible from the slave server.
- Verify that VisualSVN Distributed File System Service is started on the master server. Refer to KB74: Enabling and starting VDFS service for guidance.
Verify that the inbound firewall rule VisualSVN Distributed File System Service is enabled on the master server. VDFS services use TCP port 8337 to communicate with each other and the indicated firewall rule opens this port for inbound requests.
Refer to KB73: Enabling the inbound firewall rule for a master VDFS service for instructions.