VDFS services use the TCP port 8337 to communicate with each other. To make the slave-master replication links possible, this port must be opened for inbound connections on the master side.
There is a predefined firewall rule named VisualSVN Distributed File System Service that allows remote slave VDFS services to communicate with the local VDFS service. The rule is created during the VisualSVN Server installation but not enabled by default.
To enable VisualSVN Distributed File System Service inbound firewall rule on the master server:
- Open Control Panel | Windows Firewall | Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall on the master server.
- In Allowed programs and features list, scroll down to VisualSVN Distributed File System Service.
- Click Change settings button above the list box.
- Select the corresponding checkboxes to allow the communications. In most cases it is recommended to use the default settings and only allow domain computers to access the VDFS service.
- Click OK to apply the changes.