VisualSVN 4.0 Release Notes
VisualSVN 4.0 brings the following main changes:
- Support for Visual Studio 2013.
- Conflicts resolution using Visual Studio Merge Tool.
- Integration with VisualSVN Repository Configurator.
Upgrade to VisualSVN 4.0 is recommended for all existing VisualSVN users. Note that upgrade purchase is required for commercial VisualSVN licenses issued before December 1st, 2012.
New features and improvements
The main new feature of VisualSVN 4.0 is the support for Visual Studio 2013. All VisualSVN features are now fully compatible with the newest Visual Studio 2013.
Other significant changes are the following:
- Conflicts resolution using Visual Studio Merge Tool. VisualSVN 4.0 integrates with the Visual Studio’s built-in merge tool and allows you to resolve conflicts right within the IDE. This feature is available in Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013 only.
- Integration with VisualSVN Repository Configurator. VisualSVN allows you to open VisualSVN Repository Configurator right from the IDE and configure granular access permissions for files and folders in your solution. For further details please consider the Repository Management Delegation feature which is available since VisualSVN Server 2.7.
- Simple and fast repository browser which allows branch selection in the 'Switch to Branch' dialog.
- Overall performance improvement on huge working copies.
See the changelog for the complete list of changes.
Upgrading from VisualSVN 1.x and 2.x and 3.x
VisualSVN 3.x licenses issued on or after December 1st, 2012 are eligible for a free upgrade to VisualSVN 4.0. Commercial licenses issued before December 1st, 2012 require an upgrade purchase for VisualSVN 4.0. The current upgrade price is $39 for Professional License and $1250 for Site License. The upgrade is free if you are using VisualSVN under the Community License.
You can download the latest VisualSVN 4.0 build at the official download page.
Also you can purchase upgrade to VisualSVN 4.0 using the online purchase form.