VisualSVN 1.2 Release Notes
We are glad to inform you that VisualSVN version 1.2 is available for download! VisualSVN includes several major new features and a lot of bug fixes and improvements.
Transparent file operations handling
Primary new feature of VisualSVN 1.2 is a complete file operations handling. This means that you can do anything with your files and folders in Visual Studio and VisualSVN reflects these changes in Subversion transparently. It includes addition, deletion, rename, drag&drop, copy/cut/paste and saving-as operations.
Easy to use "Add Solution To Subversion" command
Second new feature of VisualSVN 1.2 is an ability to add your solution to Subversion in one click. VisualSVN automatically handles creation of new repositories, setting up ignores for build output folders and temporary files and other routine work.
Major bug fixes and improvements
- Automatic working copy root detection
- Update and Commit commands added to context menu for projects, folders and files
- Status icon for solution in status bar
- "Add to Subversion" command for projects, folders and files
- "Exclude from Subversion" command (only for files)
- "Edit Conflicts" and "Mark as Resolved" commands
- "Blame" command activates viewer on same line
- "Checkout" command removed
- "Switch to TortoiseSVN" button improved
- Fixed: deleting unversioned file in C# project leaves zero length file on disk
- Fixed: no context menu for Database project
- Fixed: no context menu for Setup project.
VisualSVN 1.2 is compiled against Subversion 1.4.3 and cannot be used with old versions of Subversion and TortoiseSVN (1.3.x and below) due to working copy format changes in Subversion 1.4.0.
The upgrade to VisualSVN 1.2 is free for all licensed users of VisualSVN 1.x.