Access to the replication functionality is controlled on two levels: general access to the master server's VDFS service and per repository replication permissions.
This article describes how to configure the general access to the master server VDFS service. For the information on the related subject, how to grant permissions to replicate a particular master repository, please consult KB69 article.
Overview of the two levels of access control
- General access to the master server VDFS service. This access enables a slave to contact the master VDFS service and it is a precondition before any per repository access control can work. The general access is controlled by the membership in VisualSVN Replication Partners local group on the VisualSVN Server computer. VisualSVN Server Manager provides a special dialog to edit the membership in this group.
- Permissions to replicate a particular master repository. These per repository permissions are managed on the Replication tab in the Properties dialog of each master repository.
Granting access to the master VDFS service
Access to the master server VDFS service is granted in the Properties of a VisualSVN Server instance. To add or remove slaves which are allowed to access VDFS service on the master server:
- Open VisualSVN Server Manager.
- Right-click the root VisualSVN Server node in the right pane and choose Properties.
- Switch to Security tab.
- Click Edit Replication Partners button. A dialog window opens that enables you to edit the membership in the local group VisualSVN Replication Partners.
- Use Add and Remove buttons to edit the list of accounts allowed to access VDFS service on this server. These must be the accounts impersonating the remote slave VDFS services: computer accounts of the slave machines or dedicated accounts for the VDFS services. More detailed explanations are provided in KB70: Choosing correct accounts to grant the replication access.