Access to the replication functionality is controlled on two levels: general access to the master server's VDFS service and per repository replication permissions.
This article deals with the per repository replication permissions. It explains how to add or remove slaves which are allowed to replicate a specific master repository. Consult a related article KB71 for instructions on granting the general access to the master server VDFS service.
Overview of the two levels of access control
- General access to the master server VDFS service. This access enables a slave to contact the master VDFS service and it is a precondition before any per repository access control can work. The general access is controlled by the membership in VisualSVN Replication Partners local group on the VisualSVN Server computer.
- Permissions to replicate a particular master repository. These per repository permissions are managed on the Replication tab in the Properties dialog of each master repository.
Granting permissions to replicate a specific master repository
The replication permissions are set on a master repository. To add or remove slaves which are allowed to replicate a specific master repository:
- Open VisualSVN Server Manager.
- Right-click the required master repository name and choose Properties.
- Switch to Replication tab.
- Use Add and Remove buttons to edit the list of accounts allowed to replicate this master. These must be the accounts impersonating the remote slave VDFS services: computer accounts of the slave machines or dedicated accounts for the VDFS services. More detailed explanations are provided in KB70: Choosing correct accounts to grant the replication access.