Starting from version 5.0, VisualSVN Server supports full-text search for your repositories. The following conditions must be met for the search to be available:
- Search indexing must be enabled on the server.
- Search indexing of a particular repository must be allowed.
By default, all repositories are allowed to be indexed, but the administrator can disallow indexing of a certain repository. In this case, the following message appears when you try to perform a search in the web interface:
The indexing settings for the repository can only be changed by the administrator.
Information for the administrator
Follow these steps to enable search indexing for the repository:
- Start the VisualSVN Server Manager console.
- Expand the Repositories node.
- Right-click the repository and click Properties.
- Click the Search tab.
- Clear the Allow search indexing of this repository checkbox.
- Confirm the action by clicking Yes in the displayed warning dialog.
- Click Apply in the Properties of the repository.
The detailed instructions are available in the KB178: Getting started with full-text search article.