Starting from version 5.0, VisualSVN Server supports full-text search for your repositories. The following conditions must be met for the search to be available:
- Search indexing must be enabled on the server.
- Search indexing of a particular repository must be allowed.
- Initial indexing of existing repositories must be completed.
In case of huge repositories, initial indexing can take considerable time — several hours or even days, depending on the size of the repositories and the server performance.
If the initial indexing is not yet complete, the following message may appear when you try to perform a search in the web interface:
The current progress of the initial indexed can be monitored by the administrator. If you do not have administrative access to the server, please try later.
Information for the administrator
The search indexing status can be monitored by opening the Search Index Status dialog in VisualSVN Server Manager. Follow these steps to open the Search Index Status dialog:
- Start the VisualSVN Server Manager console.
- Click the Action | All Tasks | Show Search Index Status main menu command.