When trying to create a slave VDFS repository that will use authentication by Replication Certificate, you may receive the following error message:
The certificate-based authentication for replication is disabled in the properties of the master VDFS server.
To solve the issue, you should enable certificate-based authentication in the VisualSVN Server properties on the master VDFS server. To enable certificate-based authentication, perform the following steps on the master computer:
- Start the VisualSVN Server Manager console on the master server.
- Click Action | Properties.
- Click the Replication tab.
- Select the Enable certificate-based authentication for replication option.
- Click the Select button, select the appropriate certificate and click OK. For the details about selecting appropriate Replication Certificate, read the article KB121: Understanding Replication Certificates.
For the step-by-step instructions to get started with the certificate-based replication, read the article KB120: Getting Started with VDFS replication in a non-domain environment.