VisualSVN plug-in writes diagnostic messages to a log that can be used for troubleshooting purposes. This article shows how to find and export these log messages.
VisualSVN for Visual Studio 2017 and newer
VisualSVN 6.x and later writes log messages into the %TEMP%\VisualSVN directory in the form of individual text files with the *.log extension. Each log file represents events logged during one unique Visual Studio session.
VisualSVN for Visual Studio 2015 and older
VisualSVN 5.x and older writes log messages to the Windows Application event log.
Follow these steps to navigate to the Windows Application log and filter out VisualSVN messages:
- Start Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Windows Logs and click Application.
- Click Filter Current Log on the Actions pane on the right.
- Select the VisualSVN source in the Event sources combo-box.
- Click the OK button.
Follow these steps to export the filtered log messages into a file:
- Click Save Filtered Log File As on the Actions pane on the right.
- Select Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt) as the file type to save as.
- Click the Save button.